Mrs. Toy How Fong (馮財好) of Toronto, passed away peacefully on November 14, 2019 in Richmond Hill, Ontario at the age of 97.
Lee Toy How (李财好) was born in Heshan, Guangdong in southern China. She married Tong Fong (馮茂松) in 1948 and later emigrated from China with her son (Kim) in 1957, to join her husband who had previously returned to Canada. In Canada, Toy How was blessed with two more sons (Jack, Yoeman) and two daughters (Rosemarie, Irene).
She was a dedicated mother while working hard in her husband’s restaurant before becoming a seamstress. In her retirement years, she enjoyed travels with her family and friends in Canada and to Hong Kong, China and the United States. Mom will always be remembered for her kindness and generosity... and being genuinely good hearted (好心). She will be dearly missed by all whose lives she had touched.
Toy How was pre-deceased by her husband Tong Fong in 1972 and her parents Lee Kwok Leung (father), Tam Lan Fune (mother), and her brothers Lee Ting Gay and Lee Sai Gay.
She leaves behind:
* Oldest son, Kim and his wife Donna, and their children, Lynette (husband Reto and son Leon) and James
* Oldest daughter, Rosemarie and her husband David, and their children, Christopher, Stephen (partner Rebecca) and Andrew
* Second daughter, Irene and her husband Howie, and their children, Stephanie and Elizabeth
* Second son Jack and his wife Karyn, and their children, Jacquelyn, Lauren and Nathan
* Third son, Yoeman and his wife Christina, and their children Garrett and Isabella
The family of Mrs.Toy How Fong would like to extend our sincere thanks to her physician, Dr. Amy Wong, and all of the wonderful staff at the Mon Sheong Private Care Facility in Richmond Hill, for taking care of our mother during the past two years.
Memorial donations may be made to:
The Mon Sheong Foundation, Richmond Hill
The Chinese Presbyterian Church, Toronto
(The family wishes this to be a private event.)
Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Centres